The Kefalidis Collection
This collection was obtained in Athens, Greece from Mr. Kefalidis before his death. It was donated in 2008 by The American Society of Ephesus to the Marian Library at the University of Dayton for research. Yorgi Kefalidis was a researcher and freelance journalist based in Athens. He began researching the religious sites in the ancient city of Ephesus, Turkey, and the nearby site of Meryem Ana (“Mary’s House”) in the early 1960s. Mr. Kefalidis published numerous articles on Ephesus and Meryem Ana in L’Osservatore Romano, developed programming for Vatican Radio, and authored additional articles on related topics.
The Marian Library was founded in 1943 by Marianists at the University of Dayton (UD). The library supports scholarly research on the Blessed Virgin Mary and is a resource for UD and the International Marian Research Institute, as well as students pursuing pontifical degrees, graduate degrees in theological studies, and those working towards a certification in Marian or Marianist studies.